Captain Bigg was once known as the scientist Doctor Yates. In early 1942, he began committing crimes as a modern-day pirate and thief operating under the name Captain Bigg. In the Spring of that year, Captain Bigg began working for a criminal mastermind known as Black Star. Along with four other crooks, they committed an ambitious bank robbery then split up to take on alternate missions.
Under Black Star's instruction, Captain Bigg adopted the guise of the "Santa Claus Pirate". Assembling a crew for himself, he began boarding yachts and luxury ships in the Florida Keys. However, instead of robbing these ships for their valuables, the Santa Claus Pirate began dispensing treasure to them. After repeated occurrences, ships along this route actually welcomed the chance to be boarded by the Santa Claus Pirate. This enabled Captain Bigg to get in close to a ship holding more than two-million dollars in bonds. While trying to rob the vessel, Captain Bigg encountered the young super-heroes, the Star-Spangled Kid and his partner Stripesy. The Kid and Stripesy fought against Bigg's crew and succeeded in capturing him, whereupon he was unmasked, revealing his true identity as Doctor Yates.
- This version of Captain Bigg (Earth-Two), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Captain Bigg (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Captain Bigg (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Captain Bigg (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Captain Bigg (Earth-Two)