"Time Varmints": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
Appearing in "Time Varmints"
Synopsis for "Time Varmints"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Fate Is the Killer"
- Power Shield
- The Power Sword
Synopsis for "Fate Is the Killer"
The Sailor of the Solar Winds known as Zodac arrives at the royal palace on the planet, Eternia. He warns the ruling council that the land's most powerful hero must leave Eternia forever or else he risks losing his life. Prince Adam knows that Zodac speaks of his alter ego, He-Man. He leaves the palace and summons the Sorceress in the hopes of gaining clarity as to Zodac's cryptic warning. The Sorceress tells He-Man that his arch-nemesis, Skeletor, is very close to finding the second half of the fabled power-sword. If both halves of the sword are joined, he will have the power to rule all of Eternia.
Meanwhile, Skeletor instructs his henchmen, Mer-Man and Beast-Man to scour the Eternian Sea in search of clues as to the lost sword. He eventually discovers that the sword rests in the oceans of another world in a separate dimension – a world known as Earth.
Skeletor uses the magic at his command to transport the three of them to Earth. They plunge into Earth's oceans and eventually recover one half of the power sword. Meanwhile, the super-hero known as Superman flies out over Metropolis Bay. He fights with a large sea-monster and eventually finds himself trapped in a whirling vortex. The vortex is the dimensional portal used by Skeletor, Beast-Man and Mer-Man for their return trip to Eternia.
Everyone arrives in front of Castle Grayskull. Superman assists in retrieving one of the other missing swords and gives it to He-Man. He-Man and Skeletor fight one another and impale each other upon their respective swords. Skeletor teleports back to his lair to nurse his wounds, leaving He-Man on the ground bleeding. Zodac arrives and uses his power to heal He-Man. He then creates another dimensional tunnel and returns Superman back to Earth.
- This book was first published on August 26, 1982.
- "Time Varmints" was reprinted in Showcase Presents: Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew.
- "Fate Is the Killer" was included as a special insert in the following comics with November 1982 cover dates: Action Comics #537, All-Star Squadron #15, Arak, Son of Thunder #15, Batman #353, Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew #9, Daring New Adventures of Supergirl #1, DC Comics Presents #51, Fury of Firestorm #6, Justice League of America #208, Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 2) #293, New Teen Titans #25, Superman #377, Warlord #63 and Wonder Woman #297.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew Vol 1 9 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew series
- Images from Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew Vol 1 9
- Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew #1-20
- Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew: The Oz-Wonderland War #1-3
- Captain Carrot and the Final Ark #1-#3
- Teen Titans (Volume 3) #30-31
Links and References
- No external links.
This comic page is missing characters!
This comic page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the comic issue template.