Captain Cold built a gun, based on a cyclotron, which emitted blasts of ice and cold. It has the ability to cause the molecules of its target to reach absolute zero, causing molecules to stop moving. The body can be re-animated with no damage to the subject by reactivating the molecules. This is different from Mr. Freeze's gun, which Cold considers sloppy, which somehow changes the chemical makeup of the victim to become ice.
An early example of one of Cold's guns was kept at the Flash Museum. Wally West dismantled it an effort to learn how to modify a cyclotron being built at S.T.A.R. Labs so that would release a pulse of absolute zero temperatures across the city, halting an alien attack.
- In Earth-One continuity, the cold gun was created by from equipment affected by a lab accident
- In New Earth continuity, the cold gun was constructed by Snart based on schematics he acquired
- In Arrow continuity, the cold gun was built by Cisco Ramon to guard against the possibility that Barry Allen would be a criminal. Also, rather than build the gun, Leonard Snart had it stolen by a S.T.A.R. Labs janitor along with Mick Rory's later flamethrower.
- Appearances of Captain Cold's Cold Gun
- Item Gallery: Captain Cold's Cold Gun
- Images featuring Captain Cold's Cold Gun
Links and References