Copy Edit Needed
Carl Sands was a crook who became obsessed with shadows following an arrest for a crime he committed. Hoping to utilize shadows in his crimes he inadvertently opened a portal to the realm of Xarapion. Helping an alien in that realm who was in trouble, Sands was gifted his dimensiometer, a device that would allow him to exist on both Earth and Xarapion. His Earth self would be a living shadow which would be able to pass through matter. He would continue his crime career, ignoring the warnings from the Xarapionian that continued use of the dimensiometer would throw Earth into another ice age.
He was constantly thwarted by Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Following Crisis on Infinite Earth's, Carl Sands of Earth-One was erased from existence and replaced with a new incarnation following the restructuring of Hawkman and Hawkgirl's origins following the collapse of the multiverse.
- Dimensionmeter: a device which enables its wearer to shift his body into a two-dimensional, intangible "shadow" state. While the vest is activated, Sands can move quickly and silently across and through most surfaces and materials, all the while remaining impervious to physical contact and attack. The user would be transported to the realm of Xarapion, another dimensional world which is the same size as the Earth. Prolonged use of the Dimensionmeter risked throwing Earth into another ice age due to an unspecified flaw in the devices design.
- 22 Appearances of Carl Sands (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Carl Sands (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Carl Sands (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Carl Sands (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Hawkman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Hawkman, or his associates Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Hawkman Villains category."