Professor Nichols was a respected scientist living in Gotham City who developed a means of displacing physical bodies into the time stream by way of hypnosis. His procedure earned him the attention of Gotham's resident crime fighters, Batman and Robin, who often relied upon the Professor's genius in order to solve crimes involving time travel. Besides Batman and Robin, Professor Nichols used his technique to send various people back in time including himself and the Kryptonian hero, Superman.
After years of experimentation, Nichols made a scientific breakthrough when he actually developed a Time Machine. No longer requiring the power of hypnosis to accomplish his goals, he could now transmit bodies of matter backwards and forward through time with his new invention.
Professor Nichols evenntually started his own company called Nichols Laboratories, which was located on a big building in the middle of Gotham City.
- Carter Nichols lived in Gotham City in the dimensional reality commonly referred to as Earth-Two. An exact counterpart to Professor Nichols likewise existed on Earth-One, and shared the exact same personality and background. No distinction is to be made between the Earth-One and Earth-Two versions of this character.
- Carter Nichols' existence was exclusive to the realities of Earth-One and Earth-Two. As Earth-One and Earth-Two were destroyed following the collapse of the Multiverse during the Crisis on Infinite Earths event, all references to this version of Carter Nichols are considered apocryphal by the standards of the modern DC Universe continuity.
- 45 Appearances of Carter Nichols (Earth-One)
- 3 Images featuring Carter Nichols (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Carter Nichols (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Carter Nichols (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: