Cathode was the female leader of the team of super-villains called Network. After her team was captured by Superman and Batman, she created a massive blackout in Gotham City and kidnapped an important business figure in order to deman a high ransom to free her partners from prison. Her plan was foiled by Batman and Superman and when the Man of Steel charged himself with electricity to reactivate the Gotham Power Plant, Cathode tried to drain the energy from his body, but she overloaded and exploded in a cloud of energy, seemingly dying.
- This version of Cathode, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 5 Appearances of Cathode (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Cathode (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Cathode (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Cathode (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."