- This is a nightmare. And just like a nightmare there's nothing I can do.
- -- James Gordon
Appearing in "Contagion, Part Four: Flesh and Fire"
Synopsis for "Contagion, Part Four: Flesh and Fire"
Azrael disrupts into the shack where Robin, Catwoman and Tracker were struggling for the virus's only survivor, Kendall Stuart. Catwoman, Tracker and Azrael start to fight each other and Robin tries to take Stuart to a safer place. Outside the shack, Robin is attacked by some men and he tells Stuart to run and find a place to hide. Knowing that the Gotham's only hope was in danger and that without him there would be no payment; Azrael, Catwoman and Tracker join forces to protect the man. They managed to take down some of the assasins but in the end Stuart freaked out and was shot by one of the killers.
Before he died, Stuart told them that there were two more survivors. Robin took a sample of blood from Stuart and head back to Gotham City. Azrael, Catwoman and Tracker decided to search the other survivors separately. Meanwhile in Gotham, Batman called upon Nightwing to help them out as the virus has claimed a lot more victims.
- The events of this issue takes place between the events in Robin #27 and Azrael #15.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Contagion collected edition.
- The cover falsely lists this issue as "Part 5" in the Contagion crossover. It is actually "Part 4." This is a misprint, as the numbers were mixed up with Azrael #15.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Catwoman Vol 2 31 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Catwoman series
- Images from Catwoman Vol 2 31
Links and References
The events from this issue are related to the Contagion crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996, in which Gotham City had an epidemic of a mutant strand of the Ebola virus. The events of Contagion lead into Batman: Legacy, Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.