One of the Guardians and a Zamaron, the Guardians' female counterparts, channeled their powers into the "Millennium Project". Gathering ten individuals together and teaching them about the nature of the cosmos, they endowed their "Chosen" with immortality and metahuman powers. One of these was Celia Windward, a young Jamaican woman living in Great Britain, to whom the Guardians gave the power to control electromagnetic energies. She became Jet, and joined the other heroes the Guardians had created in the team named the New Guardians. Jet fought many foes, but contracted a lethal disease fighting the Hemo-Goblin.  As her symptoms worsened, she used her last bit of energy to repel an alien invasion, an act which seemingly claimed her life.
One Year Later
Jet apparently survived and became the leader of the Global Guardians. The whole team came under the thrall of two Faceless Hunters in a ploy to capture Hal Jordan. They made Jet publicly renounced the actions of the Green Lanterns, arguing that they violated the sovereignty of countries and undermined her team's attempt to prove that metahumans could act without governmental restrictions.
- Jet would feel any physical damage taken by Harbinger on the same body part.  (formerly)
- AIDS: Having contracted HIV, Celia would take the AIDS cocktail and keep herself in good physical condition. (formerly)
- 30 Appearances of Celia Windward (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Celia Windward (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Celia Windward (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Celia Windward (New Earth)