Chain Lightning was a Metahuman woman with multiple personality disorder who has the power to absorb and dispel electricity in the form of lightning bolts. As such, she can cause the Marvel Family to revert to their non-powered forms if she attacks them with enough of a charge. Her first encounter with the Marvel family was with Mary Marvel. Mary eventually defeats Chain Lightning and she is taken away by the police.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Electrokinesis: Chain Lightning has the ability to absorb, generate and project volumes of electrical energy of an extremely high voltage. She also has the ability to transform into living energy. In that form she can transmit herself through powerlines.
- Electromagnetism: As an application of Electrokinesis, Chain Lightning can also generate an electro-magnetic field.
- Due to the Marvel Family receiving their powers via a lightning bot, Chain Lightning is able to replicate this reverting them back to normal.
- This version of Chain Lightning (Earth-S), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series and is now considered apocryphal.
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Captain Marvel, the Wizard Shazam, or any of the extended members of the Marvel Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Marvel Family Villains."
- 1 Appearances of Chain Lightning (Earth-S)
- 1 Images featuring Chain Lightning (Earth-S)
- Quotations by or about Chain Lightning (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: Chain Lightning (Earth-S)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: