Amy was born with the mutant power of absorbing electricity, but never learned uses for her power until a mysterious benefactor gave her a powersuit that let her channel the electricity she stored. At about this time she began suffering from multiple personality disorder. The four personalities consisted of her "actual" persona of Amy, the embittered Amber, her inner child, and her id. She battled Captain Marvel, Jr., but was defeated and sent to S.T.A.R. Labs for treatment. Due to the nature of her powers, Amy can cause the Marvel Family to revert to their non-powered forms if she attacks them with enough of a charge.
Captain Marvel, Jr. kept in touch with Amy, visiting her at S.T.A.R. Labs on a regular basis. She felt very attached to him after these visits.
Arsenal of the Outsiders infiltrated the Society disguised as Deathstroke and gained access to Frisk. Arsenal and the Outsiders freed Mary Marvel, and after Amy saw that Captain Marvel, Jr. was a member of the Outsiders, so she switched sides and helped them. Chain Lightning plan to help was to blow up Frisk's reactor with her electrical powers, but fortunately the Outsiders and Society members cleared out before the plant exploded.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Electrokinesis: Chain Lightning has the ability to absorb, generate and project volumes of electrical energy of an extremely high voltage. She also has the ability to transform into living energy. In that form she can transmit herself through powerlines.
- Electromagnetism: As an application of Electrokinesis, Chain Lightning can also generate an electro-magnetic field.
- Due to the Marvel Family recieving the powers via a lightning bot, Chain Lightning is able to replicate this reverting them back to normal.
- Her stored electricity will short circuit and at least partially dissipate if she gets wet.
- Multiple Personalities
Bodysuit containing containment circuitry.
- Chain Lightning was first apeared in Fawcett Comics' as an enemy of Mary Marvel
- Chain Lightning was leased by DC Comics along with the rest of the Fawcett comics stable of characters in 1972.
- 7 Appearances of Chain Lightning (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Chain Lightning (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Chain Lightning (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Chain Lightning (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Captain Marvel, the Wizard Shazam, or any of the extended members of the Marvel Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Marvel Family Villains."