Chakal was a barbarian that lived in the inner-Earth world of Skartaris. He joined up with a band of mercenaries which at one point included Warlord Travis Morgan. Chakal felt that Travis was a threat to him and despised having to play second-in-command to Morgan's lead. He armed a brutish thug named Atalus with a battle-axe in the hopes that he might succeed in killing the Warlord, but Morgan vanquished his opponent and reluctantly returned Chakal's weapon to him. Chakal was present when his mercenary group accepted a contract to find a thief named Aram Al Ashir. The trail led them south into the Mountains of the Sun where the expedition fell prey to a rockslide. Chakal narrowly survived the incident, but made sure to keep clear when the troupe faced their next obstacle, a Frost Giant. Travis Morgan eventually found Aram Al Ashir and Chakal was ready to claim the prize for himself, but Morgan shot him dead with a single shot from his pistol.
Later, Chakal was resurrected by the sorcerer Deimos for his hatred of Morgan, and became one of Deimos' servants.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 4 Appearances of Chakal (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Chakal (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Chakal (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Chakal (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: