"The Riddle of the Star-Stone": After receiving reports of a super-powered criminal who has gained mystical flame powers, the Challengers are called by June Robbins to an archaeological expedition. She and Professor Brandon are seeking the mysterious S
Appearing in "The Riddle of the Star-Stone"
- Professor Brandon
- The rajah of Djiizari
- four Star Stones
- fire opal: confers flame powers
- emerald: confers power of flight
- pearl: confers aquatic and electrical powers
- final: confers a super-powered form
Synopsis for "The Riddle of the Star-Stone"
After receiving reports of a super-powered criminal who has gained mystical flame powers, the Challengers are called by June Robbins to an archaeological expedition. She and Professor Brandon are seeking the mysterious Star-Stone, a powerful stone that would grant temporary powers. When it becomes known that someone is finding each of the four stones, and using them for ill-gotten gain, the Challengers undertake to bring this person to justice. The crook named Vreedl is Brandon's former assistant, and has been using the gems for his own gains, using the fire opal to gain flame powers, an emerald that makes him fly, and a pearl that give aquatic and electrical powers, Vreedl manages to keep the Challengers at bay with each time he captures a stone from the various locations on Earth.
Gathering the final of the four stones, Vreedl gains a new super-powered form, however Ace tricks him into smashing it into bits for fear somebody else might gain the same powers. However with the stones destruction Veedl's powers are destroyed as well and he is returned to normal, and is taken into custody.
- This issue is reprinted in Challengers of the Unknown Archives Vol. 2.
- Titles of 2nd & 3rd chapters:
- Chap. 2: "The Birdman of Djiizari"
- Chap. 3: "The Challenge of the Super Creature"
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Challengers of the Unknown Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Challengers of the Unknown series
Links and References
- No external links.