Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Creature from the End of Time!": In Challengers Mountain, Red and Rocky begin fighting one another for the affection of June Robbins. Deadman and Swamp Thing are present and both use their powers in an effort to get the [[Challengers of the Unknown (New Earth
- I have a feeling there's more to this mystery than we can guess... and it might just prove deadly!
Appearing in "The Creature from the End of Time!"
- Sun Lords (Behind the scenes)
- Unnamed futuristic monsters
- Time Masters (Flashback only)
- Time Sphere
- Rocket Guns
Synopsis for "The Creature from the End of Time!"
In Challengers Mountain, Red and Rocky begin fighting one another for the affection of June Robbins. Deadman and Swamp Thing are present and both use their powers in an effort to get the Challs to calm down. Red won't be silenced however, and angrily quits the team.
Soon after, Professor Haley calls the group together and tells them about a strange radioactive cube that suddenly appeared in Toronto. The cube is immovable, and any who come into close proximity to it begin suffering from radiation sickness. June, Rocky, Ace, Deadman and Swamp Thing board the Challenger SST and take off to investigate. Arriving in Canada, Deadman makes contact with the cube, and it suddenly hatches, produces a giant alien monster. The Challs disembark, and Deadman possesses June Robbins and has her fire a rocket gun at the beast. The blast severely weakens it and Swamp Thing finishes it off. They bring the creature back to Challengers Mountain where Professor Haley examines it.
Haley carbon dates the monster and determines that it came from Earth's far-distant future. He recommends consulting with time traveler Rip Hunter, but Rip hasn't been seen in over a decade. They take the SST to Hunter's mountain top time laboratory, only to find that it is occupied by another giant monster. They defeat the monster, and locate Rip Hunter's time sphere. Making adjustments, they attempt to use it to track the time traveler down. The group exits the time sphere in the year 12,000,000 AD. As they look around, they see Rip wearing a strange headpiece and declaring that they are now about to die.
- Time Master Jeff Smith is erroneously referred to as Jeff Johnson in this issue.
- Deadman's appearance in this issue is no longer considered part of mainstream continuity.
- Rip Hunter and the Time Masters appeared last in Rip Hunter - Time Master #29. They appear next in Challengers of the Unknown #86.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Challengers of the Unknown Vol 1 85 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Challengers of the Unknown series
- Challengers of the Unknown (Volume 1)
- Challengers of the Unknown (Volume 2)
- Challengers of the Unknown (Volume 3)
- Challengers of the Unknown (Volume 4)
Links and References
- Challengers of the Unknown article at Wikipedia
- Challengers of the Unknown article at Toonopedia
- Challengers of the Unknown fan site
- Challengers of the Unknown index
- Challengers of the Unknown profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Challengers of the Unknown profile at Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Challengers of the Unknown series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Challengers of the Unknown series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Challengers of the Unknown series index at DC Indexes