Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Some time prior to encountering Batman, Chandell was a renowned pianist. During a performance at the White House, he used a player piano to cover that he had sustained an injury to his hands beforehand. His twin brother Harry used this to blackmail Chandell into a life of crime.
Harry used Chandell in a plot to murder Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson so that he could marry Aunt Harriet, who would be the sole heir to the Wayne fortune. When Chandell plans to go straight upon planning to use the fortune to pay Harry back, Doe, Rae, and Mimi end up using knock-out gas on him. When Harry's lawyer wanted his payment for getting Harry out of Gotham City Police Station, Harry also had him exposed to the knock-out gas. Batman and Robin managed to defeat Harry and free Chandell and his lawyer from a deathtrap.
Chandell was last seen playing his music for the guards while Harry plans to escape from prison.
- Much of the character is based on the life of Liberace, for whom the character was created and who played the role. Even the villain's name came from Liberace's habit of playing piano under chandeliers.
- Liberace brought his own costumes for the part of Chandell, as well as using his own piano. This was apparently because he wouldn't trust anyone else's piano.
- The "Special Guest Villain" credit for The Devil's Fingers/The Dead Ringers read "Liberace as Chandell (likewise as Harry)".
- 2 Appearances of Chandell (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 1 Images featuring Chandell (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Chandell (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Chandell (Batman 1966 TV Series)
|1966-1968 Batman television series and the 1966 Batman feature film. This template will categorize articles that include it into Batman TV Series Characters.|
|Batman Villain(s) from the 1966 series |
This character, team or organization, was primarily an enemy of the Batman in either the 1966 film or related television show. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Batman (1966 TV Series) Villains category."