|Real Name||Charles Brown|
|Universe||Earth-One, New Earth|
|Creators||Bill Finger, Dick Sprang|
|First Appearance||Appearance of Death|
Charles "Chuck" Brown is a man who armed himself with kite weapons and used them to commit crimes. He flies with a big kite strapped to him and also uses a barrage of kites to overwhelm his enemies. He ran afoul of Batman and Robin on different occasions.
While he was a small boy, Charles Brown was fascinated with kites causing him to adopt and use kites as part of his guise as a costumed villain.
Kite-Man possessed a variety of gimmicked kites, including a jet-powered hang glider that allowed for quick escapes,a mammoth kite that the Kite-Man used to shuttle criminals out of Gotham's prison, a "flash bulb" kite, and a trap-net kite.
In a later encounter with Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and Zatanna, the Kite-Man's target was a treasure known as the Golden Eagle; he was thwarted by the three heroes. Crash-landing in a tree, Kite-Man cried, "Rats!"
Kite-Man was revealed to be living in the country of Zandia, a country populated entirely by super villains in an encounter with Young Justice.
During Infinite Crisis, Joker reported that Kite-Man was thrown off Wayne Tower without his kite by Deathstroke after he refused to join the Society.
Kite-Man, however, survived his fall and reached some low rank in Gotham City's underworld during the year without Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. He is one of a few criminals, including Sewer King, Mirage, and the Squid beaten to death by Intergang boss Bruno "Ugly" Mannheim when the villains refused to immediately submit to Intergang. This is during Intergang's continuing rise to power in Gotham City and the World.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Aviation: Excellent hang-glider pilot.
- Kite-Man's Kite: Jet-powered hang glider kite.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Charles Brown. Charlie Brown. Charlie Brown. Kites. You do the math.
- 12 Appearances of Charles Brown (New Earth)
- 15 Images featuring Charles Brown (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Charles Brown (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Charles Brown (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."