Charles McNider operated as the "mystery man" known as the Dr. Mid-Nite during World War II as a member of the Justice Society of America, fighting alongside them against the likes of the Ultra-Humanite who at the time was in the guise of actress Dolores Winters. The rest of his post-war exploits, if there were any, went unrecorded. In 1950, he attended the rally in Washington, D.C. where all costumed superheroes were to appear by Presidential decree to show their loyalty. During the rally, Joan Dale (Miss America) publicly exposed Tex Thompson as being the Ultra-Humanite and attempted to also expose Dynaman as being Adolf Hitler in Daniel Dunbar's body when the Ultra-Humanite had Robert Crane (Robotman) silence her by murdering her in public. Rex Tyler (Hourman) took over for Joan Dale in the exposure of both Thompson and Dunbar, causing Dynaman to show his true colors and to attack the various superheroes present. During the battle with Dynaman, McNider's special infrared glasses were broken.
He is considered blind in daytime without the glasses
Infrared glasses that allowed him to see in daytime
- This version of the character is native to the JSA: The Golden Age series of stories, appearing mostly as a cameo character.
- 2 Appearances of Charles McNider (JSA: The Golden Age)
- 1 Images featuring Charles McNider (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Quotations by or about Charles McNider (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Character Gallery: Charles McNider (JSA: The Golden Age)