Chuck Taine aka Bouncing Boy is the Legionnaire with power is the ability to inflate and bounce with amazing agility and resistance.
Chuck Taine gained his superpowers accidentally when he drank an experimental super plastic fluid while watching a sports event. With his new powers he attempted to join the Legion of Super-Heroes. Chuck tried out twice for the team and was rejected both times as his powers seemed ridiculous.
Chuck proved himself when he defeated an electrical villain because he was not grounded. Chuck took the name Bouncing Boy and was welcomed to become a Legionnaire.
- Unique Physiology: Chuck Taine gained his superpowers accidentally when drank an experimental super plastic fluid while watching a sports event. The fluid drastically altered his physiology, giving him the power to inflate into a round shape that can bounce without harm.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- Tactical Analysis: Bouncing Boy's ability to bounce and ricochet is aided by his skill in targeting and tactical use of his only ability.
- Pedagogy: His knowledge in combat tactics and experience with use of a single ability led to him becoming an instructor to both the Legion Academy and the Legion of Substitute Heroes.
- 185 Appearances of Charles Taine (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 11 Images featuring Charles Taine (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 4 Quotations by or about Charles Taine (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Charles Taine (Pre-Zero Hour)
Legion of Super-Heroes member