Before joining Blackhawk, the Texas-born cowboy was a high-flying member of England's Royal Air Force. Chuck is an expert pilot and electronics genius as well as a lover of a good, old-fashioned brawl. Though good-natured, Chuck can also be a deadly enemy.
When the team adopted "secret identities" in the late '60s, Chuck used his electronics genius to become a super eaves-dropper known as the Listener.
In the '70s, Chuck was the chief scientist for the Cunningham Aircraft company. Chuck died when he crashed his plane into the War Wheel to save the lives of Blackhawk and Andre in a battle with Killer Shark.
- This version of Charles Wilson, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Chuck's ear-decorated shirt was displayed in the superhero-themed restaurant in the epilogue of Kingdom Come.
- 157 Appearances of Charles Wilson (Earth-One)
- 3 Images featuring Charles Wilson (Earth-One)
- 7 Quotations by or about Charles Wilson (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Charles Wilson (Earth-One)