Chester Cheese was the son of Dr. Edam Cheese, who was conducting research on the "Lunar Longhorn," a type of cheese found on the moon by astronauts. Upon returning home one evening, Chester found his father murdered, with the killer locking him in his father's lab. Unable to escape and growing hungry, Chester decided to eat the Lunar Longhorn, the only edible thing available in the lab. The extraterrestrial cheese gave Chester the power to shrink in size at will. Chester thus went into training to become a superhero, and became "Little Cheese." Chester soon joined the Zoo Crew in bringing his father's killer to justice, and was rewarded membership with the group.
Size Alteration: Little Cheese possesses the ability to shrink to near-microscopic size at will, while retaining his full strength.
- This version of Chester Cheese (Earth-C), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- In Teen Titans (Volume 3) #30-31 (December 2005-January 2006), Little Cheese is mentioned in a series of pages purporting to be a Zoo Crew comic published in the mainstream DC Universe, and follows the adventures of the Zoo Crew teammates in a grimmer, darker version of Earth-C, parodying the recent trend toward "grim and gritty" superhero comics. In these pages, Little Cheese is killed at the hands of Alley-Kat-Abra out of interspecies hatred. A follow-up story in Captain Carrot and the Final Ark reveals that Alley is actually innocent of Little Cheese's purported murder. The Death of Little Cheese is not congruent with events that originally took place in Earth-C continuity.
- 7 Appearances of Chester Cheese (Earth-C)
- 2 Images featuring Chester Cheese (Earth-C)
- Quotations by or about Chester Cheese (Earth-C)
- Character Gallery: Chester Cheese (Earth-C)