Hyper-Man's story was similar to that of Superman's - rocketed from the dying planet Zoron, he landed on the planet Oceania and was adopted by the Kings. Developing super-powers, he began a crime fighting career as Hyper-Boy.
Superman discovered that Hyper-Man was going to die from Zoronite poisoning, and sabotaged his career so that he could marry his girlfriend, Lydia Long, and live out his time in happiness.
Essentially identical to Superman's. Truly infinite power levels of Flight, Invulnerability, Strength and Speed (faster than light) which were all based on his body's ability to absorb, process and store yellow sun radiation in some way to allow him to do these feats
Physical abilities included Heat Vision, Telescopic Vision, Microscopic Vision, X-Ray Vision, Super Breath, Super Ventriloquism, Super Hypnotism.
- This version of Hyper-Man, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Chester King (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Chester King (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Chester King (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Chester King (Earth-One)
- Hyper-Man at dccomics.com
- Hyper-Man at Wikipedia.org
- Power Boys and Hyper Men by John Wells.
- The Fred Hembeck Show: Episode 24 Hyper-Tragedy