Chroma was a cosmic entity that interrupts a televised concert with a song about apocalyptic events. The song, though talking about death, somehow proves so engaging, many people desire to hear it again and again.
Not everyone is affected in the same way. Obsidian, one of the 'Infinitors', having just come off a bad date, finds himself uninvolved with the song. Wishing to confront Chroma, he finds himself battling his own friends. He manages to stop Chroma but is in turn, stopped personally by his very own super-powered sister Jade.
It turns out Chroma is one of many duplicates of the same entity who tests out their apocalypse songs on many worlds. Obsidian manages to defeat him in their first confrontation, though Chroma claims it was because his attentions were diverted to another event happening on the far from the galaxy.
Chroma further states that if Obsidian had managed to attack him a second time, Chroma would have let this earth-form die, thus preventing humanity from ever forgetting his song. Chroma decides to leave for a million years, in which he will return with a new song.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 4 Appearances of Chroma (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Chroma (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Chroma (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Chroma (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: