Dr. Claire Foster was mentioned by name as the psychiatrist with whom Lex Luthor will meet. After their five sessions, Dr. Foster refused to sign off on Lex's mental health. Lex had been uncooperative, but she knew enough to know that he needed more help to work through the mental and emotional trauma of his three months stranded on a island. After an outburst towards Perry White, Lex agrees to more sessions.
Lex tells Claire of his encounter with Lois Lane. She assures him that their session is confidential, but calls to inform Lionel Luthor of her discovery (telling him that the childhood incident wasn't as isolated as he thought).
Lionel Luthor paid her to drug Lex until he seemed to be having a psychotic break. She tried to convince Lex that he is having a psychotic break and has him committed to Belle Reve Sanitarium where she continued a drug regime designed to erase his short term memory, specifically, his memories regarding his discoveries into his father's conspiracy to murder his grandparents. Lex found a way to avoid taking his medication.
After a month, Lex still hadn't forgotten, so Lionel insisted that Dr. Foster administer radical shock therapy. She was reluctant. She had other patients who were badly injured during the treatment. Ultimately, she agreed, but Clark Kent talked her out of it. She was killed in a car accident before she could cancel the order. Pete Ross suspected that Lionel had her killed.
- Claire Foster was played by Lorena Gale for three episodes of season three.
- Like in the Comics, Claire is a psychiatrist but she died before Clark became Superman. In the comics shes a psychiatrist for Superman.
- 4 Appearances of Claire Foster (Smallville)
- 1 Images featuring Claire Foster (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about Claire Foster (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Claire Foster (Smallville)
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|