The half-human son of Superman, Sr., a Superman who settled down and was able to have biological children, Clark Kent, Jr. was raised as the super-powered son of Superman. During his teenage years and expressing his own sense of teenage rebellion, Clark Kent, Jr. resisted his father's heroic legacy to discover his own sense of self.
Unlike his father, who adjusted to life as a super-powered being, Clark, Jr. had difficulty adjusting to life as a super-powered teenager, especially as the son of one of the most powerful superheroes. Like his best friend and later partner Batman, Jr., Clark Kent, Jr. was expected to live up to his father's legacy. He is not as powerful as his father because he is only half-Kryptonian, and doesn't want to be known merely as the "Son of Superman" but for his own abilities and successes.
It is not until later, after a long period of soul searching with his best friend, that Clark Kent Jr. accepts his role as the keeper of his father's heroic legacy, in his own way and his own limited power, when he and Batman, Jr., are recognized as heroes in their own right and not merely their father's sons.
Clark Kent, Jr. along with all members of his reality were erased from existence during the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Many of the classic Pre-Crisis yellow sun charged Kryptonian powers. However due to the fact that Clark Kent Jr was the product of a Earth human and Kryptonian, he possessed approximately only half the full power of his father though was suggested to be even lower than that as high caliber machine gun fire would sting him.
Many of the classic Pre-Crisis yellow sun charged Kryptonian abilities though at approximately half of the power levels of his father.
Obviously superhuman, the exact limit was not determined.
The exact limit of his vulnerability is undetermined; it was shown that explosions of high enough force could harm him it is more than likely nuclear explosions could kill Superman, Jr.
- A parallel of Clark Kent, Jr. and his Earth was shown during the Infinite Crisis termed as "Earth-154". This Earth and all of its inhabitants were destroyed at the end of the Infinite Crisis.
- The closest parallel on the post-Crisis on Infinite Earths New Earth is the adopted son of Superman, Christopher Kent, who is the full Kryptonian biological son of General Zod. Christopher has openly fought against his biological father in support of Kal-El who Christopher currently accepts as his foster father.
- When Conner Kent was artificially aged into adulthood during the "Sins of Youth" event, Kal-El is temporarily renamed as Superman, Jr. while Conner takes on the heroic name of Superboy, Sr.
- 10 Appearances of Clark Kent, Jr. (Earth-154)
- Images featuring Clark Kent, Jr. (Earth-154)
- Quotations by or about Clark Kent, Jr. (Earth-154)
- Character Gallery: Clark Kent, Jr. (Earth-154)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: