After the Mud Pack, Preston Payne and Sondra Fuller fall in love and eventually have a child together named Cassius "Clay" Payne, who became the fifth Clayface. The boy is separated from his parents and held in a government laboratory.
Currently, the bio status of Cassius shows that if a piece of him is separated from his body, it can grow a mind of its own, but it mostly thinks in a retarded form of what Cassius wants. If bonded with another human (i.e. Claything), the piece can give that human clayface-like abilities, such as become like clay, being able to withstand bullets and other harm, and could also manifest Payne's ability to melt objects; all this person would have to do is just think it. It is unknown if a person can gain different abilities when bonded with a piece of Cassius.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- His name, "Cassius," is a pun on "Cassius Clay," the birthname of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali.
- 31 Appearances of Cassius Payne (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Cassius Payne (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Cassius Payne (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Cassius Payne (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."