Clive Yorkin was a career criminal who had committed numerous crimes such as robbery and murder. He was placed in solitary confinement and realized he had no chance of release so he agreed to undergo the experiment called the Nephron Process. The experiment was to try and cure him of his violent tendencies by making him associate crime with pain. The pleasure and pain centers in his brain were reversed, driving him insane. Yorkin escaped, and was next found near the dead body of Iris Allen. The Police believed Yorkin to be her murderer until a review of security camera footage showed that he had only witnessed her death at the hands of the Reverse-Flash.
The Nephron Process gave Yorkin the ability to drain life energy from other people through touch. For a whole day he terrorized the city with his new ability. A teenage psychic helped track him down and brought the Flash in to help. The Flash then defeated Yorkin, who he trapped in a sinkhole.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 14 Appearances of Clive Yorkin (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Clive Yorkin (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Clive Yorkin (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Clive Yorkin (New Earth)