Colonel Gumm was identifiable by the pink suits he wore. Obsessed with stamps and alphabet soup, Colonel Gumm is an eccentric and dishonest man. He seems to be interested only in money, using his position as foreman at the Pink Chips Stamp Factory to manufacture counterfeit stamps. He worked for a rich woman with an affinity for the color pink, who owned a postage stamp factory. His schemes mostly had to do with the theft or counterfeit of postage stamps, often using many things from the factory as weapons, and disguising himself as the owner of several postage stamp stores. Colonel Gumm usually used Sevaroff's Stamp Shop as a front for his activities and a hideout. He also used this location when he disguised himself as a local stamp dealer in order to offload his counterfeit stamps to unsuspecting millionaires, such as Bruce Wayne.
- The equipment of his employer's stamp factory was useful in his racket of manufacturing counterfeit stamps.
- Enlarged Perforating and Coiling Machine - It is unknown what this machine could normally be used for, but in a pinch it can make life-size stamp replicas of unwanted crimefighters.
- Undetachable Glue Pad - Used to hold items or people in place.
- Colonel Gumm's Super Instant Glue Gone - Dissolves any glue in less than a second.
- Unlike many of the 60's villains he didn't try to trick or outwit Batman directly but was operating in secret. It was only the arrival of the Green Hornet, under usual cover of muscling in on the Colonel's operation, that alerted Batman to Colonel Gumm.
- Also, unlike many Batman villains, "Gumm" may be the criminal's real last name.
- 8 Appearances of Colonel Gumm (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 1 Images featuring Colonel Gumm (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Colonel Gumm (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Colonel Gumm (Batman 1966 TV Series)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|1966-1968 Batman television series and the 1966 Batman feature film. This template will categorize articles that include it into Batman TV Series Characters.|
|Batman Villain(s) from the 1966 series |
This character, team or organization, was primarily an enemy of the Batman in either the 1966 film or related television show. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Batman (1966 TV Series) Villains category."