He is a member of the Legion Academy and works undercover to infiltrate the Legion of Super-Villains. After graduating alongside Timber Wolf, he becomes a full Legion member. Plagued with self-doubts over the relative usefulness of his powers, he dies when he sacrifices his life to stop Deregon, a Dark Circle agent and the governor of Australia, from starting World War VII.
Later the sorcerer Mordru resurrected Condo along with millions of other corpses as part of a plan to conquer the universe. The "zombie" Condo displayed limited imagination with his abilities, igniting pockets of methane gas and starting fires.
- Chemical Reaction Control: Chem possesses the ability to act as a catalyst, that is, speed up, slow down, or otherwise alter chemical reactions. For example, he can increase the speed of oxidization from a slow rust to a burst of flame. His powers can affect the chemical reactions in the human body, rendering an opponent unconscious from shock, but take several seconds and can only focus on a single opponent at a time. Late in his career, Chemical King displayed the ability to change energy reaction rates as well, causing batteries to drain of power and force fields to decay. As the final act before his death, he used his powers to alter and absorb vast amounts of radiation capable of paralyzing Superboy.
- Power Limitation: Chem's power cannot speed up the disintegration process of indestructible material, which lasts indefinitely.
- In Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds, an image of Condo alongside Invisible Kid and Ferro Lad can be seen in the Superman Museum, indicating that he is still dead.
- 34 Appearances of Condo Arlik (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 5 Images featuring Condo Arlik (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 1 Quotations by or about Condo Arlik (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Condo Arlik (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Chemical King at dccomics.com
- Chemical King at Wikipedia.org
- A Hero History Of Chemical King
- Chemical King at Legion of Super-heroes fan site
Legion of Super-Heroes member
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Chemical King. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|