- You're too late to save your lady friend G.L.! In one second the bomb will explode and Carol Ferris will simply go to pieces.
- -- Conrad Bloch src
Conrad Bloch is a brilliant pilot and co-founder of Ferris Aircraft along with his childhood friend Carl Ferris. The two men shared the dream of creating Ferris-Bloch Air-Cargo, Ltd. Carl was the businessman and Bloch was a pilot. The partners; business thrived and became a success. The two men were exact opposites; Carl was hard and continually worked at building up the company, while Conrad enjoyed his free time, womanizing and drinking.
Conrad met and married his wife Edith and they had two sons, Jason and Benjamin. Carl eventually could not take Conrad's behavaiour any more and presented him with figures showing how he was making all the money while Conrad did nothing. Conrad pleaded with Carl and but Carl gave his friend only seven days to meet their agreement. He was unable to and the company was renamed Ferris Aircraft.
Conrad was nearly bankrupt; he turned to drink and took his anger out on his wife. This lasted for three years before she left him. He went on a binge and passed out in a street gutter; the doctors were able to save him and it took a month for him to detox.
When he was ready to leave the hospital, he tried to start his life again. He gained enough money to buy into a small air-cargo company Bloch Air, Inc., which took years to develop. Eventually, it could compete with Ferris Aircraft. His sons Benjamin and Jason worked hard to build the company and began investing money in the designs for a solar jet.
However, it was bad news as Ferris Aircraft had already received the government contracts for the jet. This bankrupted the company and drove Conrad mad. He decided to blow up the prototype but when he set the bomb it triggered and destroyed the plane with him inside. The explosion badly burned his face. Now horribly scarred, Bloch returned to destroy the Ferris testing facility. 
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 3 Appearances of Conrad Bloch (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Conrad Bloch (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Conrad Bloch (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Conrad Bloch (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."