Cosmic Staff was wielded primarily by Jack Knight and Stargirl, the Cosmic Staff is a powerful weapon/device that absorbed stellar energy and used it to create a wide range of abilities which it's wielders used to fight crime. This device was invented by Ted Knight, and based on the earlier Gravity Rod. The Cosmic Staff, sometimes called the Cosmic Rod, offered the wielder powers including rapid flight, levitation of objects, manipulation of energy, creation of defensive force fields, and offensive energy blasts of incredible power. Both powers could be used at once, to protect the wielder from atmospheric damage in high velocity flight. Another power of the rod was that it was capable of receiving mental commands from a distance, that became possible when the rod attuned itself to the user over time. At present, the staff is attuned to its current holder, Stargirl.
- The Cosmic Staff is primarily associated with characters that are heir to the legacy of the original Starman and his Gravity Rod. The current Starman, Thom Kallor, does not use the Staff, or any external power device for that matter.
- The Cosmic Staff has several counterparts throughout the Multiverse. The Starwoman of Earth-7 wields one, as does her counterpart on Earth-33, though in the latter case, the staff is magic instead of exotic technology.
- Anti-Gravity Field: Focused energy to defy gravity, allowing the wielder and others flight.
- Defense Force-Fields: Also used in conjunction with flight to protect against atmospheric damage in high velocity flight.
- Energy Blasts
- Solid Energy Constructs: Ability to create simple solid energy constructs.
- Heat Emission
- Attunement: Ability to attune itself to it current wielder; doing so makes it hard for the staff to become attuned to anyone else, easily. Ability to receive mental commands from the wielder from a distance.
Links and References
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Cosmic Staff. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with DC Database, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|