"The Second Book of Blood": The splash page is a reproduction of a page from the Crime Bible; The Second Book of Blood, Chapter 40, Verses 31-40. In it, the First is hit with Lust for Lilith. At first, he feels it is his duty to endure this but the Lust grows stronger. He tries everything to sat
Appearing in "The Second Book of Blood"
Synopsis for "The Second Book of Blood"
The splash page is a reproduction of a page from the Crime Bible; The Second Book of Blood, Chapter 40, Verses 31-40. In it, the First is hit with Lust for Lilith. At first, he feels it is his duty to endure this but the Lust grows stronger. He tries everything to satisfy this Lust, including other women, but his Lust for Lilith continued to grow stronger. Then Lilith arrived and saw his Lust for her and laughed. Lilith began to mock his virtue as being weakness. She turned to leave but the First realized this was a good lesson, becoming the Second Lesson of Blood, and forced himself on her.
Appearing in "The Lesson of Lust"
- Crime Bible (Behind the scenes)
Synopsis for "The Lesson of Lust"
Mother Superior and Brother Flay discuss Colonel Dominic G. Casucci, a Pentagon worker who has been visiting Mother Superior's "convent" (i.e. brothel) weekly for the last month. Mother Superior is concerned that Flay will compromise their targeting of the Colonel but Flay hints that he's not the one he's concerned with.
Renee (using the false surname Vasquez) is in the convent and meets Mother Superior (under the name Abigail Lincoln-Gray). Renee claims to be a foreign service agent from Spain and was referred to this convent by the local one. Renee tries to keep an eye on the Colonel, who is visiting, when Renee spots, and is introduced to, a convent worker named Elicia to whom she has an immediate attraction. Renee and Elicia move to a private room where Elicia attempts to seduce Renee who steadfastly refuses. Renee slips a pill into her own drink inducing a "nervous" vomit onto the rug. When Elicia leaves to get something to clean the mess, Renee transforms into the Question and searches the convent until she finds the Colonel being seemingly blackmailed by Mother Superior. Mother Superior rips up the photos, however, as a show of loyalty and invites him to participate in something more fulfilling.
The next week, Renee returns to Elicia claiming she was so embarrassed over her vomiting that she snuck away. Again Elicia attempts to seduce Renee who refuses. This continues for eight weeks with Renee never giving in to Elicia's advances. Mother Superior confronts Elicia and ultimately smacks her in the face feeling she is not living up to the Second Lesson. When Renee arrives, Elicia comes on strong. Renee sees the bruise and demands to know who hit her. Elicia whispers that Mother Superior did it, that she's always under surveillance and that she's under orders to keep Renee in the room all night because there's an initiation tonight. Renee gives in to her passion while Flay secretly watches. Afterwards, Renee expresses regret, changes to the Question and tells Elicia to leave the convent and never return. Renee makes her way to the basement where Mother Superior is trying to convince the Colonel to murder his convent lover as the last and best way of enjoying her. Question defeats the cultists, frees the girl and burns the convent to the ground before escaping.
Later, Mother Superior confronts Flay accusing him of knowing the Question would do this. Flay assures her she can rebuild and explains it was necessary "to teach a lesson."
- Renee gives in to her attraction to Elicia which suggests she has learned the Second Lesson of Blood. Her saving grace is that she immediately regrets her actions.
- A bonus, hidden excerpt from the Crime Bible is provided in code along the borders of the excerpt. The key to solving the code and it's full translation can be found here.
- The Chapter and Verse in the title of the splash page are written in Roman Numerals. In all other issues, they are the standard numerical digits. Also the verses are listed as 30 to 41 in the title but the last verse printed is actually 40.
- In this issue Renee uses the alias of Renee Vasquez.
- Includes DC Nation #86 editorial by Rachel Gluckstern. Rachel discusses Bat Lash.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Crime Bible: Five Lessons of Blood Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Crime Bible: Five Lessons of Blood series
Links and References
- No external links.