The Crime Syndicate of Amerika is a team of super-powered being from the Antimatter Universe version of Earth. They are essentially evil analogs to the heroic Justice League of America, and have repeatedly attacked the JLA's Earth and its inhabitants on several occasions.
The Crime Syndicate's motto is "Cui Bono?" ("Who profits?"). The only universally respected principle on their world that is obeyed by the general populace is that of the "favor bank" - If any person should grant a favor for someone else, that person is entitled to compensation whenever they see fit, no matter what the cost or hardship to the latter. Failure to pay back a favor results in inordinately harsh consequences. For example, a mobster, Jackson "Rat-Eyes" Drake, who has failed to follow up on a favor owed was put on "trial" by Owlman, who then had him incinerated by Ultraman as a favor.
Also in line with the reverse attitude of basically "evil" being the norm, the Crime Syndicate is opposed by the heroic Alexander Luthor and the heroic H.I.V.E. (Hierarchy for International Virtuous Empowerment), the Metal Marauders, and the Justice Underground which Luthor is currently leader of, a reversed analog of the Legion of Doom and Secret Society of Super-Villains consisting of Sir Solomon Grundy, General Grodd, Q-Ranger (a version of Major Force), Lady Sonar, Star Sapphire, and the Quizmaster (a version of the Riddler, who is regarded as the smartest man in the world).
The Antimatter Earth was attacked by the Weaponers of Qward whom they unleashed the Void Hound, a planet wreching battlecraft housing a vast and insane electronic mind. The Crime Syndicate of Amerika was able to manipulate the JLA into aiding them to destroy the battlecraft completely. But the Antimatter Earth suffered severe damages with millions of the populace killed and wide rifts in the planet surface crust revealing raw magma. The Crime Syndicate enforced open and complete control of their source Earth rather than the indirect control they allowed before.
In order to replenish and rebuild their own source Earth's losses, the Crime Syndicate members mounted a mass abduction of people from throughout the individual 52 universes in the current positive matter Multiverse to use as slave labor. The Crime Syndicate were ultimately defeated and imprisoned by the Justice League and their slaves freed. However, without the tyranny of the Crime Syndicate, the Antimatter Earth consequently fell into chaos.
Members and Background
The Crime Syndicate of Amerika does not possesses all the counterparts of traditional JLA members on their team though the antimatter counterparts of J'onn J'onzz, Aquaman, Hawkman and Metamorpho exist in the Crime Syndicate's universe:
- White Martian, J'onn's Anti-matter counterpart, came to Earth and became Ultraman's chief rival. He was eventually killed by Ultraman.
- Barracuda, Aquaman's counterpart, is still alive, and leads the armies of Atlantis against the surface world whenever the Syndicate are weakened by some outside force.
- Blood Eagle was Hawkman's counterpart and was killed by the Crime Syndicate.
- Transmutato, Metamorpho's equivalent, is currently trapped as the floor of the Crime Syndicate's trophy room
It has been suggested that the CSA cannot match the size of the JLA because extended cooperation and gratitude are completely foreign concepts to the Crime Syndicate members.
- Scarab (Blue Beetle counterpart)
- Slipstream (Flash counterpart)
- Fiero (Fire counterpart)
- Frostbite (Ice counterpart)
- Deadeye (Green Arrow counterpart)
- Elasti-Man (Elongated Man counterpart)
- Element Man (Metamorpho counterpart)
It is not clear if any of these individuals exist in the current Antimatter Earth setting.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- 19 Appearances of Crime Syndicate of Amerika (Antimatter Universe)
- 10 Images that include Crime Syndicate of Amerika (Antimatter Universe)
- Team Gallery: Crime Syndicate of Amerika (Antimatter Universe)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Crime Syndicate of Amerika (Antimatter Universe)
Links and References