- Buried on Sunday.
- -- Solomon Grundy src
In 1894, Cyrus Gold was murdered and his body was dumped in a swamp outside of Gotham City. Over the next forty years, the wood and the rot of the swamp accumulated around Gold's remains, reanimating his body, forming him into the near-invulnerable creature that would be named after the nursery rhyme, Solomon Grundy.
Fathers have told their sons that there is no such creature as the bogeyman, but they were wrong. There is Solomon Grundy, a zombie whose strength rivals Superman. Unlike Superman, unlike any of the League, Grundy cannot be killed. When they die, Grundy will continue. 
- Unique Physiology: A zombie-like physiology, Solomon Grundy is the epitome of supernatural resurrection without death or decay. This combined with the swamp waters of Slaughter Swamp lend to Grundy's unnatural abilities. 
- Superhuman Strength: Grundy is super-humanly strong; strong enough to hold Superman pinned down. 
- Superhuman Stamina: Grundy can never die, he can never be stopped, he cannot halt. Solomon Grundy can continue attacking forever. 
- Invulnerability: Grundy cannot be hurt, despite Superman's best efforts. 
- Resurrection: Grundy cannot be killed however if his body is incapable of moving on over time he will regenerate enough to continue, in that sense Grundy cannot die. 
- 7 Appearances of Cyrus Gold (Justice)
- 6 Images featuring Cyrus Gold (Justice)
- 1 Quotations by or about Cyrus Gold (Justice)
- Character Gallery: Cyrus Gold (Justice)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: