D'kay was physically and telepathically imprisoned by her fellow Green Martians after she conducted experiments on members of her kind whose minds were not open to the communal martian telepathic mind. After the death of the Green Martians, she no longer even had the company of those who imprisoned her. She went insane over the long years of complete isolation until she was beamed to Earth by Dr. Erdel. Once on Earth, the bombardment of thoughts thrusts her into further depths of insanity. In desperation, she stole the identity of a human and completely erased all memory of her previous identity. J'onn J'onzz's death message put cracks in these telepathic memory blocks, but she did not regain her memories until J'onn returned to life.
Now she is desperate to recreate the Martian race with J'onn to the point where she even attempted to kill Miss Martian because she perceived a threat to her claim to J'onn. Her appearance is distorted and includes an extra mouth at her torso which manifests from her broken mind. She has carved the martian symbols of love and hate onto her body.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Martian Physiology: The average Martian possesses the following power set:
- Extrasensory Input: Nine different senses.
- Martian Vision: Eyesight which extends the visible spectrum, visual acuity, and allows sight through most objects and barriers. Martian Vision is also similar to Kryptonian heat vision in that it can cause combustible objects to explode.
- Flight: The ability defy gravity and fly through sheer force of will. This ability is psionic in nature, and functions similarly to tactile telekinesis.
- Invulnerability: With the exception of fire, they are invulnerable to nearly all physical attacks. This is due primarily to their shape-shifting talents and the ability to increase the density of their molecular structure.
- Malleable Form: Psionic control over their physical form, even down to the molecular level. As a form of shape-shifting, this power enables a Martian to contort their physical structure to adopt human form, elongate limbs, grow to immense size, and so on. They can also change the substance and material from which their body is made of. This allows them to produce weapons and clothing on ant type. They can maintain the selected form for an indeterminate amount of time without undue risk or strain. This ability allows for the folowing powers:
- Intangibility: The ability to decrease their molecular density to become incorporeal and thus able to pass through solid objects, as well as increase it to become tougher and stronger.
- Invisibility: The ability to bend light waves around their bodies, rendering them invisible to most forms of human detection. Through this byproduct of shape-shifting, they can also alter their body's temperature, allowing them to become invisible to most forms of electronic detection.
- Size Alteration
- Regeneration: The ability to rapidly heal wound, from minor cuts to regrowing lost limbs. This include the regrowth of major body parts such as the head, heart, or similar primary organs.
- Self-Sustenance: Negating the need to consume food or drink. This also eliminates the need to produce waste.
- Superhuman Speed: Either through flight or natural movement, they can maintain the speed and reflexes far in excess to that of a standard Earth human.
This also allows:
- Superhuman Endurance: Their endurance is just as formidable as their strength or invulnerability. When not in the presence of fire, they can operate under extreme conditions for an indeterminate period of time without showing signs of fatigue. The exact range of this power is unknown. When in the presence of fire, this endurance diminishes greatly.
- Superhuman Strength: While the exact range of magnitude of a Martian strength is unknown, it is generally accepted that their strength levels easily surpass the capacity to lift 100 tons. This ranks them in the same strength level as a Kryptonian under a yellow sun.
- Telepathy: The ability to read the minds of others and project their thoughts to varying degrees. They can also project their mental essences into a gestalt community known as the "Great Mind". Through this, the community can enhance the telepathic strength of other Martians. This power can also enable them to reverse the effects of amnesia or psychological brainwashing. A Martian's expertise with telepathy varies from Martian to Martian. Some Martians, such as J'onn J'onzz, can use their ability with such precision that they can extract repressed memories from a subject regardless of how dormant the memory may lie.
- Mind Control: As an extension of their telepathic powers, they can also use the ability to alter a subject's psychological profile, enabling them to manipulate, and in some cases, outright control their chosen target. This practice is greatly discouraged however, and only rarely used.
- Vulnerability to Fire
- Mental Illness: She went insane over the long years of complete isolation while in prison.
- Appearances of D'Kay D'Razz (New Earth)
- Images featuring D'Kay D'Razz (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about D'Kay D'Razz (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: D'Kay D'Razz (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Martian Manhunter Villain(s) |