"Leningrad": Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Raven stumble upon Reaper and Lois Lane. Lois Lane explains their presence in Russia. Reaper -who wants to find Hugo Strange and kill him- flew her and a shackled Killer Frost in the country, thinking Frost would be an asset to find Strange. However, Fro
Read beyond this point at your own risk!
- That we find ourselves on the same side of the border does not mean you are my countryman. You have used each breath in your body to select, control and destroy those who do not look like you or obey you. To speak the words that caused me pain, you learned a parlor trick. But I can show you what power truly is.
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Leningrad"
- Hugo Strange
- Captain Cold (Flashback only)
- Killer Frost (Flashback only)
- Oswald Cobblepot (Flashback only)
- Gen. Anton Arkayn (Mentioned only)
- Dr. Viktoria October (First appearance)
- Power Girl (First appearance)
- Varvara Dugina
- Ipati Dugin
- Samuel Whitmore
- Batgirls (Flashback only)
- Lucia (Flashback only)
- Stargirl (Flashback only)
- Harvey Dent (Mentioned only)
- Shazam (Miri Marvel) (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Leningrad"
Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Raven stumble upon Reaper and Lois Lane. Lois Lane explains their presence in Russia. Reaper -who wants to find Hugo Strange and kill him- flew her and a shackled Killer Frost in the country, thinking Frost would be an asset to find Strange. However, Frost just let them take her prisoner. As soon as they got where she wanted -near from her allies and servants-, she damaged the plane and made her escape. Raven tells they're also chasing after Killer Frost, and look to help the besieged Russians and save the monsters enslaved by the Nazis. Lois and Raper join the Bombshells and all together head off to Leningrad.
The group sneaks in the city unseen thanks to Raven's magic. While exploring the deserted streets, Poison Ivy runs into Dr. Viktoria October and finds out how harsh the Siege is. Ivy uses her power to grow a forest of fruit trees and vegetables in the center of the city.
Somewhere else, Supergirl comes to and finds herself encased in an energy bubble. She's been captured and taken to Hugo Strange's bunker lab located beneath the streets of Leningrad. Strange tries to guilt-trip her by saying she abandoned Russia and now Leningrad starves because of it. Nonetheless, Supergirl retorts she's responsible for the consequences of her defection, but she knows he can't care less for starving, suffering people.
In order to keep her in line, Strange shows he's holding Steve Trevor hostage, and reveals his plans: he intends to splice Kara's genes to create an army of supermen. And all political powers are willing to fund his work. Kara's had it and blasts her prison's walls. Smugly, Strange asks if she remembers supplying a drop of blood and a thread of hair back when she signed up in the Night Witches. He reveals he has created a clone of Supergirl, Power Girl.
Power Girl lunges at Kara, and Supergirl prepares to fight.
- This book was first published on June 7, 2017.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss DC Comics Bombshells Vol 1 28 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the DC Comics Bombshells series
Links and References
- No external links.