- That's the only trouble with having super-vision, Kara... sometimes you get so involved with microscopic details that you miss the big picture!
- -- Superman
Appearing in "Warworld!"
- Jimmy Olsen (flashback only)
- Lois Lane (flashback only)
- Martian Manhunter (flashback only)
- Steve Lombard (flashback only)
- Mongul (flashback and main story)
- Arky-Mandryte (flashback only)
Synopsis for "Warworld!"
Mongul has already laid claim to Warworld, and controls its sensors and war-making machinery (including incredibly-powerful missiles) from a headset in its command chair. Superman and Supergirl find Warworld and are beset by its missiles, sent by Mongul, any of which has the power to kill them. The two heroes defeat Mongul by forcing him to use all the weapons on Warworld against them, which causes him to pass out from the mental strain imposed by the headset. But the planet is still sending out weaponry against them, now that it has been activated. Supergirl flies out a great distance in space, then pours on full speed, achieves a velocity greater than she ever has before, and punches straight through Warworld, destroying its computer core and deactivating it. She comes out on the other side and hurtles headlong into space, unable to stop herself. Superman enters, discovers Mongul has somehow escaped Warworld, and programs the planet to destroy itself, which it does. But he still has to track down Supergirl, wherever she has gone.
Appearing in "Whatever Happened To Johnny Thunder?"
- Silk Black
Synopsis for "Whatever Happened To Johnny Thunder?"
- Johnny Thunder (Jonathan Tane) makes a reference to Bouncing Boy (Charles Taine) when he speaks to his kids; "Now remember, children, this whole story is just between our darling daughter Becky and our bouncing baby boy, Chuck."
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss DC Comics Presents Vol 1 28 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the DC Comics Presents series
- Images from DC Comics Presents Vol 1 28
Links and References
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman Wiki
- Supermanica Homepage
- Superman Homepage
- Superman at TV Tropes