Administrators, also known as moderators and sysops, are distinguished members of the community recognized with additional powers and authority. They are mostly regular content editors and contributors, although some specialize in other areas such as programming. Generally these are the people to go to if you have questions around the site as a veteran or newcomer, want to discuss policy or templating, or need a dispute settled. Some of them frequent the forums and IRC chat for further discussion. They are elected through the requests for user rights system. There is also a help guide for newer administrators. I know most of them, they're generally pretty nice guys.
These are all of our active and non-active site administrators, sysops and bureaucrats. Being active means regularly updating the site on at least a weekly basis, being non-active means anything from complete retirement to temporary hiatus. This is meant as a guide towards who you can ask for help when in need.
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without sysop rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing.
- Very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.