The DC Database Project (aka DCDP) relies on the comic fan community for support. We can't do this without you! We encourage you to create an account and join us in building a complete reference tool for DC Comics. This page describes what we are currently working on and what you can do to help.
You must have a Wikia account to edit on the DC Database, but if you want more information before signing on to the project, email us. Once you are ready to get started contributing your research to the Database, log in or create an account and get started right now! Before you do, though, we recommend you have a look at our Help & Policy pages.
Here are some tasks you can do:
- Article Requests: Articles that need to be created.
- Copy Edit: Articles that need some grammatical corrections and layout adjustments.
- Image Needed: Pages that require a main image.
- Merge: Articles that need to be merged together.
- Wikify: Articles that need to be enhanced with wiki code that links the history or synopsis section to other articles.
- Before You Edit - Please read this before you contribute to the database.
- Editing - The most commonly used help page.
- List of All Available Templates - We designed these article templates as a guide to facilitate building your articles.
- Sandbox - The place to practice your new-found wiki editing skills.
- Tasks - A more complete 'to do' list of things we need to get done.
- Administration - A central location for all the tools available to administrators to keep the site running smoothly.
- DCDP Staff - If you have a concern or question that only a senior member can answer... ask someone from the staff. They are always glad to help!
- DCDP Statistics - Some fun facts about the DCDP site.
- DCDP Traffic - Detailed graphs on site traffic in the last 12 months.
- DCDP Toolbar - Download your very own DCDP Toolbar today!
- Copyrights - Self-explanatory... No?
- General Guidelines - The DCDP's Golden rules.
- Image Policy - Guidelines regarding image use, uploading and licensing.
- Naming Conventions - The place to reference how to name an article to keep things tidy around here...
- Plagiarism - This goes hand in hand with the copyrights link above.
- Protected Page Guidelines - A brief explanation as to why a page you can't edit is protected.
- Vandalism Policy - How we keep things tidy around here.
- DC Comics Official Website - Its' always a good thing to see what's new over at DC Comics Inc.
- Marvel Database Project - Our Sister-Site, the largest Marvel Comics wiki on the internet.
- Wikipedia - The largest online encyclopedia maintained by its users. They also utilize the MediaWiki software that the MDP uses.