The DC Database Project (aka DCDP) relies on the comic fan community for support. We can't do this without you! We encourage you to create an account and join us in building a complete reference tool for DC Comics. This page describes what we are currently working on and what you can do to help.
- If you want more information before signing on to the project, email us.
- Alternatively, you can visit the Forums to talk to current members and see why they are so excited about our project!
- If you are ready to get started contributing your research to the Database, log in or create an account and get started right now!
Here are some tasks you can do:
- Article Requests: Articles that need to be created.
- Copy Edit: Articles that need some grammatical corrections and layout adjustments.
- Image Needed: Pages that require a main image.
- Merge: Articles that need to be merged together.
- Wikify: Articles that need to be enhanced with wiki code that links the history or synopsis section to other articles.
Some project tasks:
- Complete work on migrating system pages from MDP to DCDP -- Jamie
- Before You Edit - Please read this before you contribute to the database.
- Editing - The most commonly used help page.
- List of Main Categories - This list is by no means exhaustive, but most articles should include of them, if not more.
- List of All Available Stubs - If you have a good idea for a stub, or if you need a stub for a new article... This is the place to be!
- List of All Available Templates - We designed these article templates as a guide to facilitate building your articles.
- Sandbox - The place to practice your new-found wiki editing skills.
- Tasks - A more complete 'to do' list of things we need to get done.
- Administration - A central location for all the tools available to administrators to keep the site running smoothly.
- Banners and Logos - Uses these images as banners and logos to link to our site.
- Current Events: Archives - A look back through the events and milestones in MDP's history.
- DCDP Staff - If you have a concern or question that only a senior member can answer... ask someone from the staff. They are always glad to help!
- DCDP Statistics - Some fun facts about the DCDP site.
- DCDP Traffic - Detailed graphs on site traffic in the last 12 months.
- DCDP Toolbar - Download your very own DCDP Toolbar today!
- Donations - Do you think the DCDP is a worthwhile cause? Want to see us around for a while? Toss a nickle in our cup...
- Firefox/Mozilla Plug-ins (MDP and DCDP) - Add these plug-ins to your Firefox/Mozilla and you can search the MDP and DCDP directly from your web-browser! (Courtesy of Sleeper)
- Server Status - Check here for information on upcoming maintenance issues, software upgrades... and the occasional unplanned outage.
- Suggestions - Have an idea to our improve our site? We would love to hear it!
- Top Contributors - Just for fun... We appreciate everyone equally!
- Copyrights - Self-explanitory... No?
- General Guidelines - The DCDP's Golden rules.
- Image Policy - Guidelines regarding image use, uploading and licensing.
- Naming Conventions - The place to reference how to name an article to keep things tidy around here...
- Neutral Point of View (NPOV) - An DCDP policy page.
- Plagiarism - This goes hand in hand with the copyrights link above.
- Protected Page Guidelines - A brief explination as to why a page you can't edit is protected.
- Vandalism Policy - How we keep things tidy around here.
- DC Comics Official Website - Its' always a good thing to see what's new over at DC Comics Inc.
- Sources - A central location to list sites of special distinction that the DCDP has referenced more than once for information or pictures. Please ensure you always mind copyrights and respect the wishes of original content owners.
- Marvel Database Project - Our Sister-Site, the largest Marvel Comics wiki on the internet.
- Wikipedia - The largest online encyclopedia maintained by its users. They also utilize the MediaWiki software that the MDP uses.