This a page where we ask you write all your suggestions for what we can do to improve the site, making it easier to navigate, making it prettier, or functions you wish we had...
Please add your bulleted suggestions right away when you think of them (so you don't forget!) as we check here frequently to see what you think. Please no opinions on what you think of the site, just suggestions for improvement. Thanks!
- Example: Type your suggestions below. (by Jamie)
- Alright. Make the characters more organized by putting all the basic info (profession, characteristics, powers) into a table on the right side. Using a code like this: - Redemption
This is where we will put all of our suggestions. Please don't forget to sign your ideas...
- The Marvel Database has a great new character template. Is it a good idea to use it here too? --CleverGuy 16:05, 18 April 2007 (UTC)
- The new template is now HERE! Enjoy! --Brian Kurtz 19:36, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
- Great. But now the Marvel Database got a new team template too! The Clever Guy (Talk/Contribs) 13:18, 20 May 2007 (UTC)
There are many articles on the DCDP which liberally use information from Wikipedia. Some articles are direct copies of Wiki articles. Now while this practice is certainly allowed (Lord knows I've done it enough times), from here on out, I would discourage copying information directly from Wikipedia. My reasons for this are twofold.
- 1. I think everyone would agree that the DCDP should strive to become the ULTIMATE online resource for DC Comics, and as such the articles found here should be superior to those found on Wiki.
- 2. More seriously however is the fact that Wiki articles are not always up to date or, in some cases, even legitimate. Occasionally Wiki articles will feature information that is plagiarized from other online resources. I myself have found several examples of articles containing information that was taken directly from the DCU Index. Recently at the Marvel Database Project, there have been problems with information imported from Wikipedia, which was in fact, lifted from the Official Marvel Comics web-site.
Unless an editor knows for certain that the information provided on a Wikipedia web-page is not plagiarized from another site, it would probably be wise to not copy material directly from that source. I would also suggest that any DCDP page that contains Wikipedia information should include the Template:Wikipedia template under the References section of the corresponding article.
Agree? Disagree? Opinions?
--Brian Kurtz 19:36, 23 April 2007 (UTC)