"The Devil's General": This story is reprinted from Star-Spangled War Stories #143.
Appearing in "The Devil's General"
Synopsis for "The Devil's General"
This story is reprinted from Star-Spangled War Stories #143.
Appearing in "Enemy Ace"
- Enemy Ace (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Enemy Ace"
This story is reprinted from Our Army at War #151.
Hans celebrates his 50th kill when he is grazed by the wildly fired bullet of his 51st victim. He hovers in and out of consciousness, but still manages to land his plane. He broods on the fact that even in the arms of a beautiful nurse and among his fellow pilots, he still feels lonely as if they stand apart from the "killing machine". He finds some solace in taking a rifle into the forest and hunting for awhile with another predator, a wolf, who recognizes a kindred spirit. Then, Hans takes to the skies once more to defend a zeppelin on a bombing run from three enemy fighters. He manages to shoot two down, but the third deliberately rams his damaged plane into the zeppelin.
- This book was first published on November 8, 1976.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss DC Special Vol 1 26 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the DC Special series
- Our Army at War
- Star-Spangled War Stories
- Unknown Soldier (Volume 1)
- Men of War
- Enemy Ace Special #1
- Sgt. Rock (Volume 2)
- Enemy Ace: War Idyll
- Guns of the Dragon
- Enemy Ace: War in Heaven
- War That Time Forgot
- The Enemy Ace Archives Volume 1
- The Enemy Ace Archives Volume 2
- Showcase Presents: Enemy Ace, Volume 1
Links and References
- No external links.