The DCnU is an informal name for the DC Universe's altered timeline and continuity following the events of Flashpoint in 2011. This is part of a massive effort by DC Comics to make stories more accessible for newer readers, beginning with the New 52 series of #1 issues. In addition to the standard DCU characters, it also incorporates elements from the Vertigo Universe and the Wildstorm Universe. These revisions include changes in many characters' origin stories, and costume redesigns many of which were put together by Jim Lee.
- Batgirl is said to have only been crippled for several years after The Killing Joke, and returns to her position as a street-fighting vigilante having recuperated from her condition.
- Green Arrow is shown to be a much more corporate figure, running Queen Industries by day and fighting crime using their inventions by night.
- The Justice League's origin story is completely rewritten to involve Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman and Superman meeting in one night to fight minions of Darkseid.
- Justice League International are put together for the first time.
- Superman's origin story has been drastically changed, getting rid of his career as Superboy.
- Barry Allen and Iris West are no longer married. In fact, Barry is currently dating his co-worker Patty Spivot.
- Kara Zor-El has just arrived on Earth. Also, her rocket crashed in Kansas this time, not Gotham, and it pierced through the planet until reaching the Siberian steppe.
- Superboy was now cloned by an organization named N.O.W.H.E.R.E.. 
- Dick Grayson is said to have been taken in and adopted by Bruce Wayne at age 16.
- Alan Scott (Earth-2) is now gay and had a boyfriend named Samuel.He is now an avatar of the Green (from which he gets his powers) and his ring is the focus of the Green Flame energy (the embodiment of the Green's power).
- Black Mask's death at the hands of Catwoman was erased from the timeline. In the current timeline, after being shot by Catwoman he survived and staggered to Arkham Asylum where he willingly turned himself in.
As the DCnU does not constitute a full reboot, several characters went on their storylines with little changes.
- Bruce Wayne resumes his title as the only Batman, with Dick Grayson leaving the Batman identity and going back to Nightwing.
- After the events of War of the Green Lanterns, Hal Jordan is taken off as Green Lantern of Sector 2814 and his ring is passed to Sinestro.
- Alec Holland has been resurrected back to being human after the events of Brightest Day.
- The Legion of Super-Heroes are recovering from a major battle and several members become lost in time.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Links and References
- ↑ Batgirl (Volume 4) #1
- ↑ Green Arrow (Volume 5) #1
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 2) #1
- ↑ Justice League International (Volume 3) #1
- ↑ Action Comics (Volume 2) #1
- ↑ Flash (Volume 4) #1
- ↑ Supergirl (Volume 6) #1
- ↑ Superboy (Volume 6) #1
- ↑ Newsarama.com
- ↑ Earth 2 #2
- ↑ Earth 2 #2
- ↑ Detective Comics Annual (Volume 2) #1
- ↑ Rogers, Vaneta (June 15, 2011). Harras, Berganza: DCnU Will Keep Much of DC History Intact. Newsarama. Retrieved on September 1, 2011.
- ↑ Green Lantern (Volume 5) #1
- ↑ Swamp Thing (Volume 5) #1