Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Copy Edit Needed
Dag Wentim aka Stone Boy hales from the planet Zwen and is a member of the Legion of Substitute Heroes. The Zwenian can petrify their bodies into stone. They developed this ability to put themselves into suspended animation for their planets six months of darkness. When he sleeps and changes into his petrified form, he cannot move. Throughout on most of his missions, Stone Boy could only transform into an inanimate, stone statue and was often used in numerous ways such as being dropped on a villain from above by his teammates, or at best as a distraction while the other "Subs" carried out some mission.
In one instance he is used tactically, as something for his allies to throw enemies at. During some time he underwent hypnotherapy and gained the ability to stay conscious during his transformation and, eventually, even to move in his stone state which was a major achievement for himself.
Through practice and concentration, Stone Boy can turn just part of his body into stone, such as his fist. Like many young Metahumans of the era he tries out for the Legion of Super-Heroes, but is rejected when the Legion decides that his power would not be useful on missions. Along with several other failed applicants, he helped to form the Legion of Substitute Heroes.
Five Years Later Stone Boy is still a member of the Legion of Substitute heroes, is shown to have gained the ability to move while in stone form.
The numbers of the team dwindled after they were attacked xenophobic Justice League of Earth who wish to rid the Earth of aliens. The team now only consists of himself, Fire Lad, Rainbow Girl and Chlorophyll Kid. Over time, like many other subs, his powers develops further and during the battles against the renegade Justice League of Earth he is shown, thanks to hypnotic suggestion, that he is able to awake in his stone form. He is now a more formidable opponent. .
Zwenian Physiology: Can transform into a stone-like form, and become immobile and inflexible. Stone Boy's rock-like body gives him superhuman strength and durability.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): As a cadet, all potential members of the Legion undergo personal combat training.
- Deg in his organic form possesses the strength level of a man his age, size and weight who engages in moderate regular exercise. In his rock form his strength is increased to unknown levels.
- Mobility Restriction: The people of Zwen once in stone form technically a sleep and unable to move. Thanks to hypnotic suggestion he is able to awake in his stone form. He is now a more formidable opponent.
- 46 Appearances of Dag Wentim (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 5 Images featuring Dag Wentim (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Quotations by or about Dag Wentim (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Dag Wentim (Pre-Zero Hour)