- My mind was blank -- fury controlled me completely. All I could see was the man who murdered my father -- the man I'd waited two decades to find. My finger began to tighten on the trigger -- and then something happened to Dancer. Twenty years of suspicion, of anxiety, of waiting for the inevitable day when the tables would be turned -- had taken their toll on Dancer. My rage -- my resolve -- drained slowly out of me -- as I watched Dancer's face collapse into madness.
Dancer is a hitman who worked for Amos Sharkey, a highly skilled killer displaying psychotic tendencies. He was responsible for the murder of Philip Chance, which led his son Christopher Chance into becoming the Human Target. Twenty years later, Christopher Chance fought Dancer professionally for another of his clients put in life-threatening danger by the assassin. After beating him in physical combat, he revealed his identity, and the shock combined with the stress of his villainous life led Dancer to have a mental breakdown. Christopher waited with him until an ambulance came to take him to an institution. Since then, it has been mentioned that he is a patient at Arkham Sanitorium.
- It is implied that Dancer's mental condition is a result of being physically abused as a child.
- 3 Appearances of Dancer (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Dancer (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Dancer (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Dancer (New Earth)