|Real Name||Dane Dorrance|
|Relatives||John Payton Dorrance (father), Judy Walton (wife), Nicky Walton (brother-in-law)|
|Base Of Operations||Windward Home, Pacific Ocean|
|Universe||Earth-One, New Earth|
|Creators||Robert Kanigher, Russ Heath|
Dane Dorrance is one of the worlds leading deep sea diver and treasure hunter. Dorrance’s father John Payton Dorrance better knwon as Captain X was lost at sea during an oceanographic expedition. The young Dorrance never gave up hope that some day his father would be found.
Dane Dorrance wanted to win the respect of his father, a decorated World War II Frogman, and the swimming flippers he wore, which had been awarded to him for heroic action during service. Dorrance became scuba diver, and met fellow adventurous scuba divers Judy Walton and her little brother Nicky Walton and Biff Bailey. The four came together to form the team known as the Sea Devils.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 73 Appearances of Dane Dorrance (New Earth)
- 11 Images featuring Dane Dorrance (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Dane Dorrance (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Dane Dorrance (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: