While conducting research in Hawaii, vulcanologist Danette Reilly encountered time-traveling felon Per Degaton. The encounter left her with the ability to control and create fire with her hands.
She returned to New York just after the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor in 1941, during which her brother Rod was injured. Learning that Rod was the original Firebrand, she modified one of his costumes and became the new Firebrand, joining the All-Star Squadron. Danette became a leading member and mentored younger heroes when they joined the team. She fell in love with the Shining Knight. They married, and she became the adoptive mother of Terri Rothstein, future mother of the Atom-Smasher. Danette was eventually killed, leaving Shining Knight to avenge her death.
Firebrand was one of the chosen heroes to help Harbringer on her mission during a deadly crisis.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Pyrokinesis: Firebrand could control fire which normally erupted from her body. Through mental discipline it never burned anyone or anything she didn't allow it to.
- Flight: Concentrating her flames she was able to propel herself through the sky with great control.
- Science: A self-proclaimed "volcanologist", she is a learned scientists with a distinct affinity towards volcanoes.
- Water: A sufficient amount of water rendered her powers inert.
- 91 Appearances of Danette Reilly (New Earth)
- 13 Images featuring Danette Reilly (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Danette Reilly (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Danette Reilly (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: