This is an in-universe article with out-of-universe material.
The first Jack O'Lantern was Daniel Cormac of Ireland, who was born to a poor farmer who was granted a magic lantern by an Irish fairy. Cormac is a member of the Global Guardians, the international group of superheroes. His first recorded mission was to help Green Lantern dismantle a bomb in Ireland.
When the United Nations decided to fund the Justice League International, the Global Guardians found themselves without financial support and disbanded. Cormack subsequently joined Rumaan Harjavti's army in Bialya. After Harjavti was killed by Queen Bee, Jack voluntarily joined forces with the villainess but later turned against her and was imprisoned and secretly replaced by one Marvin Noronsa. Following Noronsa's death, Daniel was found alive by his girlfriend Owlwoman and the two heroes were reunited with Doctor Mist. They played a major part in reuniting the Global Guardians and fought with Sonar against the Justice League . Afterwards, Jack died of natural causes.
The Jack O'Lantern identity passed to his cousin, Liam McHugh.
- Power Limitation: The Lantern will double his power level at midnight, but is useless during noontime.
- Mystical Lantern: A magical artifact gifted to Daniel by a fairy, the lantern grants its bearer various fairy-like abilities.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 22 Appearances of Daniel Cormac (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Daniel Cormac (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Daniel Cormac (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Daniel Cormac (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: