Dan Garret operated as the "mystery man" known as the Blue Beetle during World War II, although most of his known exploits were unrecorded. In 1950, he attended the rally in Washington, D.C. where all costumed superheroes were to appear by Presidential decree to show their loyalty. During the rally, Joan Dale (Miss America) publicly exposed Tex Thompson as being the Ultra-Humanite and attempted to also expose Dynaman as being Adolf Hitler in Daniel Dunbar's body when the Ultra-Humanite had Robert Crane (Robotman) silence her by murdering her in public. Rex Tyler (Hourman) took over for Joan Dale in the exposure of both Thompson and Dunbar, causing Dynaman to show his true colors and to attack the various superheroes present, including Dan Garret. It is not known how involved he was in the battle with Dynaman, or if he survived it.
- This version of the character is native to the JSA: The Golden Age series of stories, appearing mostly as a cameo character.
- 1 Appearances of Daniel Garret (JSA: The Golden Age)
- 1 Images featuring Daniel Garret (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Quotations by or about Daniel Garret (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Character Gallery: Daniel Garret (JSA: The Golden Age)