- We used to fight in the alleys. Guys these days fight in the clouds.
- -- Dan Turpin src
- -- Dan Turpin src
Raised in the tough streets of Brooklyn in the 1930s, Dan Turpin became a member of a child detachment unit known as the Boy Commandos. During the years of World War II, he assumed the nickname of his hometown, Brooklyn.
Turpin proved to be a brash no-nonsense officer; an accolade which earned him the nickname "Terrible" Turpin. Dan proved his mettle against foes much more powerful than he, notably the Apokoliptian scourge, Kalibak.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Firearms: Turpin was also trained in the use of a variety of firearms and advanced weaponry.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): He was an able-bodied hand-to-hand combatant, though his proficiency in this skill lessened as he grew older. Even at an advanced age however, Turpin was ever-willing to resort to physical force to solve a problem.
- Tactical Analysis: Dan Turpin possessed a keen knowledge of military procedure and strategy - skills he used during his tenure with the SCU.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 251 Appearances of Daniel Turpin (New Earth)
- 15 Images featuring Daniel Turpin (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Daniel Turpin (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Daniel Turpin (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.