Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Becoming stronger overtime, Danny became so powerfull that he transformed into an otherworldly amusement park, calling himself "Dannyland". With his new strength, Danny developed the power to actually spawn sentient life, accidentally bringing his fiction comic book character Casey Brinke to life. Casey found herself in the real world, unaware that her entire history was created as a figment of Danny's imagination until the day she was returned to him.
An evil alien corporation known as the Vectra, knowing of Danny's existence and new powers, attempted to detain him and force him to produce an endless supply of commodities that they could resell as a fast food chain. Danny, needing help, called upon the Doom Patrol to help protect him.
- Unique Physiology: Danny is a living, sentient street. He can communicate through signs and billboards but cannot speak, see or hear through normal means.
- Chronokinesis: Danny possesses the ability to time travel when he is connected with his creation Casey Brinke.
- Molecular Reconstruction: Danny can change the buildings, signs, people and things within his street. They change immediately but do so piece by piece.
- Omnipresence: Danny can take the form of anything when standing inside of him - being able to see and hear everything but only able to communicate through objects he creates, such as comic books in a shop.
- Reality Alteration
- Sentient Life Creation: Danny has gotten so powerful that he is able to create sentient life that can break off and live its own life. Casey Brinke, originally a super hero character Danny created in a comic book he used to communicate, was accidentally spawned by Danny in real life, having no idea of her unique coming to existence but having vague memories of her life inside the comic book.
- Teleportation: Danny can 'be' anywhere he'd like to be that can fit a street. He can embed himself into a city or exist as an oasis in a desert if he chose.
- Danny the Street was created by Grant Morrison and Richard Case, first appearing in Doom Patrol (Volume 2) #35. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Danny the Street first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Teen Titans (Volume 4) #3 by Scott Lobdell and Brett Booth.
- Danny is, according Red Robin, "a sentient transgendered street".
- 21 Appearances of Danny the Street (Prime Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Danny the Street (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Danny the Street (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Danny the Street (Prime Earth)
Doom Patrol member