This section of the history takes place during Flashpoint, a massive crossover event set in an alternate timeline to the mainstream DCU. History was completely changed when Professor Zoom finally found a way to erase his nemesis the Flash without harming his own legacy.
Darla Dudley is an African-American girl living in Fawcett City. After history is rewritten by the Flash in Flashpoint, radically different versions of Captain Marvel and his family are introduced. Darla Dudley along with her five friends Billy Batson, Pedro Peña, Eugene Choi, Freddy Freeman, Mary Batson, and pet cat Tawky Tawny are trapped in a subway car that transports them to the Rock of Eternity. There they meet the wizard Shazam who grants each of the children with a different one of the wizard's attributes. Darla Dudley due to her nautral natural athletic abilities is given the speed of Mercury.
Cyborg, the Flash, Batman, Enchantress and Element Woman meet with the group of children and ask for their help. Billy is swayed to the heroes' cause after he uses his abilities to see what the timeline is supposed to be like while stabilizing the Flash's memories, as they were adjusting to the current timeline. Billy convinces Darla and the other children to help. They come together and shout "Shazam" and they merge into Captain Thunder. The heroes and Captain Thunder travel to what is left of Europe to stop the war between the Atlantean and the Amazons. Captain Thunder fights with the Amazon leader Wonder Woman to a draw before being transformed back into the six children by Enchantress, who is revealed to be a traitor. Before the kids can reform Captain Thunder, Billy is stabbed by the Penthesilea one of the Amazons killing the young boy. This left Darla and the rest of the group devastated.
The DC Universe heavily changed its continuity into the DCnU following the events of Flashpoint in 2011. This was part of an effort to make storylines more accessible to newer readers, beginning with the New 52. This new timeline combines elements from the DCU, Vertigo Universe and Wildstorm Universe while drastically changing the origins and histories of characters.
The Flash's changes to reality created a new world where Darla's life had significantly changed. In this new world, Darla Dudley is one of the Vasquezes' foster children along with Mary, Freddie, Pedro and Eugene. She meets and one of the new foster children Billy Batson. She is very excited to have her new foster sibling move in with them and hugs him. Billy makes her cry soon after, saying that they are not his real family, due to his parents dying. She forgives him by the next morning and wakes him up and later pesters him on the way home from school.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Darla Dudley was granted the Speed of Mercury by the Wizard Shazam:
- Superhuman Speed - Granted by Mercury, Heru, Zephyrus and Arel. Chosen ones have incredible amounts of speed which allow them to move, react, and easily move at speeds far exceeding Mach 10 within Earth's atmosphere. It is possible that other uses of their speed aside from running and flying.
- Flight - Granted by Mercury, Heru, Zephyrus and Arel. Chosen ones can soar into the skies through an act of sheer will. They can hover completely still or effortlessly achieve sub-orbital levels and travel across the planet in blinding speed.
- 10 Appearances of Darla Dudley (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Darla Dudley (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Darla Dudley (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Darla Dudley (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: